Findings on Kids’ Behavior With Social Media Usage
- 3 out of 4 kids wish social media was never invented.
- When asked, kids are stating that their friends have little to no consequence for bad social media behavior.
- Teens are saying that adults are not asking them about the POSITIVE things that they are doing with social media.
- Common Sense Media reports that teens are spending 9 hours a day on social media.
- 94% of teens with mobile devices go online daily according to the Pew Research Center.
- Parents admit to feeling lost and confused when it comes to understanding their teens’ social media life.
- A recent survey on middle school-aged teens states that 78% of parents have no idea what their children are doing online.